In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, August 28, 2006

sunday turned around

So I went to the beach yesterday and that brought my sunday to my favorite day of the week!:) i love my family! They are completally out of control, but a total blast! Plus we have even had real converstations....
My cousin and his friend and i walked out practically 1/2 way across the ocean! My word! It was low tied (?) and that was going to be an adventure in and of itself! We saw some seals and when we got about to the deepest part (where i could no longer touch, but they could:) and our feet got frostbite in the water, i was amazed by the stillness. let me paint you a picture:

So here we are standing in this ocean water, we are surrounded by mountians and the only thing outthere besides us is seaweed, some sand dollars and off in the distance some seals and birds (maybe having dinner). The water is completely still, a slight movement of a current slides by, but no waves, no noise (well, only from the shore) just simple unadulterated stillness....

I guess i see God so much a part of creation and i think about the faith and trust of the prophets and wonder how they were able to have such streagth in faith. Like daniel, faith that saved him from being eaten by lions? Wow. Those two thoughts are disconnected, but whatever.

After teh ocean walk however, i tried to skim board and i now can say that i have tried it, but am not good at it.... so that being said... i might try again, but i will not list it as a stregth.

THen my far more adventuroues cousin took me trompsing through a dark wooded path (which lead to a bueatufil little area) and on the way back i encountered stinging nettles.... this was a strange senseation... who does that? Anwyaz, all in all a full day.

At school today i learned that setting up desks in a classroom is annoying and something that i am not to excited to try again any time soon. But i conqured the copier and the electirc pencil sharpener. I am doing a unit in october about matter (solids, liquids and gasses) if you know of anything... let me know.:) Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:43 PM , Blogger Kunnari said...

    so the real queation is have your grandparents tried to set you up with any nice Dutch boys yet?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home