In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Full week #7

So this week i feel like so much happened, but it was still only 5 days. To start off with I had a group of day campers who were slightly more rambuncious then most, well ok, really loud and un-disiplined. So that challenged me to think about how to best manage them. I lost my voice for three of the 5 days, but that is only i think because of having to speak loudly to get thier attention, also laughing in the pool.
I met a 6 yr old boy who has the same imagintaion as me, that was fun, we played a game in the pool called "Toast" where i popped him in the water, threw him up and then caught him "buttered" him and then ate him (tickled) then he came out my nose. *perhaps that last part has to do with Mahaffy.
Well then it was my birthday on wed. That was exciting, but 22 is pretty stinking old! i feel like anciet! But my counsulars organized my kids to spell out happy birthday with thier bodies. This was very adorable. I then went for dinner with my family last night, and i have to sya that that is the first time that i have celebrated my b-day with my family in 6 years. I was excited, it was fun, i got a guitar of my very own. It is brown and it is 3/4 size, but i think it will be good.






if you read all the way to the bottom way to stick with it. I may or maynot have run through a corn field on my birthday and we can just say that perhaps i was wearing the appropriate clothing for the day.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:36 PM , Blogger Tom said...

    A brown guitar!? Un-believable.

    This is unprecidented...

     
  • At 7:28 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Your birthday suit?????????

     
  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    I second that...Rachel you were NOT naked...right...?

    Did you know that it is legal for women to walk around in Toronto topless?

     
  • At 4:45 AM , Blogger Josh said...

    i third that. that would be weird...and awkward...

    happy birthday, though! sounds like it was grand!

     
  • At 8:37 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Happy birthday (late) Rachel! Do you remember our 16th birthdays when your mom took us to the Outback steakhouse? I thought of that the other day because I was drinking a strawberry daquiri (spelling???).
    Anyway, it sounds like you had an adventurous day.

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

    WHAT!?!??! I also, would love to know the full story of the running through the corn field. And Rachel, you seem to meet a lot of nice boys at camp, but how about picking a few your own age?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home