In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Week of 43

So this is the end of the largest week of camp for the entire summer! but i have to say that i love the children that come. All in all it was a really good week. We faced our challenges but God is moving mightly.
I began the week with 43 daycampers and that was an adventure i could tell. I had two full tim summer staff, one ex summer staff and 4 highschool volenteers for counsulars. That i felt would be a bit of a challenge, but i was impressed with how well all of my counsulars (including volenteers) stepped up to the challenged and everything worked out really well. God just took care of me in many many ways this week.
Going into the week i felt alot of tension and discord on my staff and it really hurt my heart. we are supposed to be unified under Christ for a common goal of sharing his love with campers, but that is hard to do when there is discord amoung us. I was just feeling more down and tired then usual. BUt God knew that i need one of my volenteers (the ex-counsular) to come so he brought her at the perfect time. She ended up being exactally the encouargement that i needed this week to help put things in perspective. and to learn how to keep loving.

BUt what i have learned is that maybe i am not meant to be at camp this summer. Every time i turn around i can see a reason why i should have stayed in sioux center this summer, but i am stilll at camp. I am sure God can use this summer as always, but sometimes i feel like i made a wrong desision to come here. It is very tricky to see what in the world i am doing at camp this summer. I enjoy it but i wish i was a million other places. Oh well. anywaz, your prayers would be apperciated as we go into the next week of the summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home