In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Teaching...

So I have had quite an amazing morning. I went to go meet with my supervising teacher this morning to talk about next fall and it was amazing! She seems so nice, i think we will get a long great! Apparentlay, there is no curriculum, i just have to make up my own.. this is a little scary. Anywaz, after chatting to her and seeing what end of the year grade oners are doing i headed into a kindgargarten classroom (my mum was subbing there) and i visited with some of my potneially future students. There is a student who i will have who is hearing impaired. She has a cochealer implant and she she can hear and speak, but in her goals she is supposed to have a full time aid. unfoutnrulaly her aid is leaving at the end of the year. SO that means that i maynot have a full time aid in my classroom, which means i better brush up on some of my sign language. crazy! Anwyaz, it was so fun to see these kids, it got me really excited to teach! which is good, i was nervous i might not be a good teacher or wanting to teach, so it was very encourageing.
The first graders were so funny, they all had to give me a back massage!:) I thought that was hillarious. I get hugs from kids, but not usally backrubs. Anwayz, they were adoarble! THey all wanted to know if i was going to be there teacher, so i took that as a good sign. I could see some potentail problems with dissipline, it is just not my strong suit. maybe it will come. And, get this, i have to teach handwritting this year in grade one!:) Good thing i have been practicing, but they use the kind with the tails, guess i better get a new work book!:) Oh well that is about all, i head out to Catherine's wedding in a couple of days! I am soo excited! tommorow it is back to sioux falls, i am planning on going to that tea/coffee shop again.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Rachel!! I am so excited for you to have a hearing impaired child in your room!!! I love deaf children. You'll have a blast, and I'm sure that you'll be able to figure out how to balance the sign language and such. I'll be praying for you!!
    Speaking of sign language, do you still have my book? the ABC one? well, if you think that you really need it for next semester, then go ahead and keep it, if not, I'd like it back... um... sometime... perhaps when you come back next semester for that short time? Anyways, exciting news!! I'm pumped for you. :)

     
  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    RAchel!! If I don't phone you in the next day or two, give me a mean email. Love, ann.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home