In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Breathe in...Breathe out

So a couple of days ago, i graduated from college, but not really. I have to student teach, but the summer awaits me. Yesterday after i bid goodbye to my roomates and my close friends until a time when i might see them again, i felt as though i had been run over by a truck. No one was in my house and i was very very lonley, it was a sad day.
I was truly surprised at how sad i became last night after bidding farewell to my roomates. They had told me when i left OZ that i would be sad and maybe not even feel like doing anything and that i would have a hard time adjusting back into America and that i would have a hard time learning to adjust back to my life. ANd i was prepared, and found none of that to be horribly true, i cried little on that time. But no one warned me how much harder it would be for me to leave college, and come home. I was under the impression that home was a stable place that didn't change, and so i would be good to be there. But then i remerered that although my family has changed over the last couple of years, no one told me that the changes would all of the sudden hit me like a ton of bricks. My family has changed so much. I feel at home here, but everything is so differnet, i am really getting ready to leave again. I guess i have a harder time with change then i thought. But one thing that i was thinking about in conjunction with leaving Oz and leaving college, was that although i hated leaving australia the relationships there were not as deep as my relationships with my college friends, making it easier to leave. and from the time i left, i have had ideas of how to get back, but i have no ideas how to encounter the college friends again. hmmm. what an intresting couple of days. Now if only my stomach would stop hating me, we would be in great shape!
But today was another day and i can rejoice in the sunny weather and go for walks and practice my hand writting, pack, pack and pack some more, and watch cheap movies. I will have to get in contact with friends, or i may bore myself into a hole.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM , Blogger mike kramer said...

    hey, since you didn't graduate like me, do you get everyone congratulating you and then you feel stupid? that happened to me all day today and yesterday.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home