In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Older Beauty

Today I went for the first time all year to sing at the nursing home. My sophmore and jr year i went faithfully. It started out one day when someone said to me: "you should come with us to the nursing home." and i said "uh...no! i can't carry a tune, even if it had handles!" so they told me that old people are deaf and it wouldn't make a difference, so i begrudgly went. Well who would have known that one day i would love it and go faithfully every week.
This year however, things were differnt. FIrst semester i was in australia and then when i got back gift started up and the two weeks thus far i could have gone i had pior engaements or was sick. So that was a complicated matter. So today i got to go for the first time this year! I can't wait to go again next week! i can not express how much i love this. I have trouble singing, but seeing the peopel makes me think so much. They are just so intresting. So today two stories:
First story: it was really windy today, so i mentioed that to one of the ladies and they told me that "the wind is good for your hair, it helps air it out" I smiled gently and later laughed, i love it!
Second Story: We were asked by a man in his 40s if we would come and sing for his dad who is coherent, but is dying. so we wente and sang a few songs for this dying old man. The look in his sons face was of gratiudte and sadness and tears. It got me to thinking about how precious life is. Some one told me once that they were in a wonderful season of life, and every year after that that i saw them they told me that same thing. It got me to thinking about seasons of life and how precious each one is and how short each on is. I move on to a new season in my life soon and that is scary, but this man moves on to a new season in his life and i wonder if he is scared. It is intresting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home