In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Week 1:

So week one has finally come to a close, it has been the most amazing week ever. lets review some highlights and low lights!:)

Low lights:
  • It rained for two days, i had trouble coming up with ideas
  • kids get ansy when it rains
  • some slight miscommunications with my coordinating staff

Hightlights:

  • Ribbion dancing
  • telling my day campers (5-10) about how God lifts me up when i am down and then sharing with them my dance ministry dance
  • hearing my campers tell me what they learned in chapel and relating it to crafts
  • having my four staff memembers and myself bond like there was no tommorow
  • watching rent
  • going in the hottub
  • having quality discussions with my staff
  • campers say the funniest things ever
  • an insane windstorm that made my campers crazy for all of 5 minutues. I would say i lost control for that minute, but it was regained later.
  • a lodge camper talking to me in a british/australian accent all week!:)
  • seeing God in nature: we saw 10 hawks in one night circleing the camp
  • God holding out on the most drenching rain of the week until friday after the campers left (then the flood gates opened)
  • Learning about transparent and trustful faith and what it looks like in children

So basicly to sum it up, i had a wonderfully amazing week and i don't know if other weeks can comepare.

I am a little nervous for next week becuase i have my first set of volenteers and i am not so good at conveying information to other people. But i am excited because it is deiscovery my favoirtie camp! i can hardly wait! But for now i fall into the peaceful rest and sellp pf friday night. Just a reminder that you can send me a letter!:)

cheers!:)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to hear you had an amazing week, Rachel! It was encouraging to read about. :) Grace upon grace...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home