In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Teacher days...

So i have now been here over a week. First i have to admit that sundays are defintally the hardest day of the week, i never thought i would miss sioux center so much, but i think i miss my routine. Even in Sydney i found a church quickly with people my own age, and it was worshipful, and i love my church at home. Funny thing is that here people are friendly and i am meeting a lot of older people, or teachers or parents of potentail students, but no one my own age, it is sad. But that is ok,i have only been here a week. How much do i invest myself in meeting people, scince i leave in october?

In other happier news we had teacher meetings in the later part of this week and the fist one was actually a lot of fun! We went on a treasure hunt and so i got to know a couple of teachers, including mine, a little better and we went for coffee and then bowling and then we went for fish and chips at the beach, i ate fried zuchinni. It was amazing and we had such a good time! Plus the school paid for it all, it was a definite blessing. Well the next day was a boring meeeting, and next week is classroom set up at least fo a 1/2 a day each day until thursday, and then we have a long weekend, and who knows what that will bring!:) Awnayz, i am starting to figure out where everything is and i think i might finally understand how to get out of the residentali area. Well things are going well, this afternoon i am planning on heading to the beach with my cousins and aunt and uncle, it is always a party with them!:)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    allo, mon amie!
    hehehe...I can see your letter in my mailbox...but I don`t have a key!!! It`s driving me nuts:( I know what you mean about missing sunday routine in Sioux Centre. Yesterday was good though...I went to my Baptist church that I went to when I was 5 and even ended up playing piano for them! Take care, my dear.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home