In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Sunday afternoon drive

Well i have been in BC for a grand total of 3 days. We safely arrived on Friday night and went for supper, i had deep fried Zuchnni ( a vegitarian dream) Then on Sat. I went to my uncle's b-day at the lake, i love lakes, i got to sit in the sun, and i love that. We swam a long time, and that was good too. i love to swim. the water was cold.
I have tried to drive on several occasions to get the feel for where things are, but it is tricky for me, as most people know my directions are no good, but alas, i think i have figured things out. i went for a drive today and i 1st found my school (major acoplishment) then i found Tim Hortons, which ironically is not as big of a deal out here (compared to out east) but i was craving a double double and that was satisfied. Then i found a wonderful coffee shop, which i plan to frequent, that has equal exchange coffee and a delightful atmostphere (ann and tom would like the lighting). Then i found the healthfood store. I have no found everything i would ever need in any given place, coffee, good food, and a job!:)
I feel funny admiting this, but i have found my self in greater culture shock coming here to BC then i did going to Sydney. What a strange thing to experiance so much culture shock moving to be with extended family. What a Dutch, CRC culture i have been dropped into, take Sioux Center and multiply it times 10. It is crazy!
I had a man come up to me after church today and our converstaion went like this:
man: so you belong to a CRC church right?
me: Well, i have membership to a CRC, but i am currentally attending an E-Free church
man: well, that is ok, many of our young people try out thier wings at diffferent demoninations... but they always come back to the CRC.
me: *nervous laugh*

1 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM , Blogger Kunnari said...

    and you thought you were getting away by student teaching in canada.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home