In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Surrounded by the arms of love....

You know that feeling of being held by someone you care about? That feeling that you are totally safe no matter what and they will protect you? Well that is exactaly the feeling i have been having lately. Not of human love, but of my ever faithful Heavenly Father. I feel like i am lying in the arms of my Father and he is going to make everything alright.

I have been thinking about God's faithfulness alot right now and i have discoverd that i had alot to learn about God. But one thing in particular happened that made me think of God's ever present faithfulness.

I was driving with my mum and bro and dog in my car (2003 honda, i have had scince march) and i went off the road. I stupidly took a 90 degree corner on a gravel road going 35 mph. I thought i could handle it. My brother warned me, i thought yeah right, i can go this speed around the corner it will be fine. THe moment the words left my mouth i lost control of the car and we went hurdling into the ditch. After a few brief minutes of chaos we were upside down in the ditch. My car... totaled.... THankfully we had all being wearing our seatbelts and God proteceted us. What we came away with was a few bumps and bruises and a renewed trust in the faithfullness of our God.

My mums husband came, he cried over the fact that i was ok. Forgiveness. We drove up to a house, i was cold, appendiges were numb, these people took us in and offerend asssitsients. On the short drive over i thought... everything is going to be fine we are in God's hands. I had never had such peace about something like that. we got into that house, started talking with the wife and she was a doctor. Turns out her husband was an ex- autobody repair man and so she checked us over... you are fine she said... her husband looked at my car... totaled he said. THese people are christians and that made me think of my own wittness in the world. What providence. Only through the divine grace of God are such conections made.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:21 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

    I'm so glad you and your family are OK!

     
  • At 2:12 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Me, too.

    Good luck on your portfolio work.

     
  • At 3:13 PM , Blogger Lynola said...

    Glad you're okay! I just read your blog and it was enjoyable to catch up on your life, Rachel! Do you finish student teaching this week? I still have a week and a bit to go before it is Christmas holidays. I am excited.

     
  • At 10:56 PM , Blogger AP said...

    Wow, Rach glad to here God is keeping you and your family safe. May God continue to Bless you and your family for many many years to come.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home