In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Maybe i am not competent.... .. but then again

On Thursday my college supervisor came to vist my classroom for math. I had been off all day, i prepared my lessons so far in advance i had forgoteen what my plan was. So things had not been going well. My students were taking their own run of the classroom. I felt discouraged, then the talk came, and evlautation by my supervisor and then by my teacher. i went home, feeling un-compentant as a teacher. I felt as though i had failed, probaly the worst feeling in a while.

But then.....

.... Friday came. I was so mad at my studnets for acting out that i clamped down immeditally. I didn't allow for any talking to me while they were working, i made clear expectaions and clamped down on all talking. I am on my way to a teacher voice. I realized that you can have alot of fun with the studnets if you run an orrderly classroom. THey learn more, i get to teach more, and that is better. THings arn't perfect, but at least i am learning. It felt better to be successful but then i had to deal with all the "so...what did we learn" statements. Sigh. Only one week left!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    good job on the clamping down. And... good advice. I think that I'm going to want to have lots of fun with my classes and be too easy. Remembering that you can have more fun when students are in line/behaving is a good lesson to learn.

    And, I can say with complete confidence (even though I haven't seen you teach) that you are doing an amazing job and that you will be a great teacher.

     
  • At 3:11 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Wow: if you're not a competent teacher, then I'm definitely not.

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    I think you're enthusiastic and fun and you also have a firm hand. (or a firm mouth?)

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Yeah, I gave people "tardies" (these can be given for anything at my school, not just being late to class, I discovered) in band today.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home