In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Finally back in the homeland

Just thought i owuld let you know that I made it back to Iowa safely. I got back around 8:30, but then spent somet ime with the fam until now. A quick rundown: (its quite long acutally)
Friday: 11:00--left from home
12:30- finally got through the hour long wiat at the border(everything went fine)
7:00pm- made it to Spokane with out to much trouble.
7:30-- ate supper with my friend and her roomate
Saturday:7:00am--left my friends house
7:30-left spokane (after buying fruit and coffee)
11:15- Got pulled over by a cop (got a ticket) (in MOntana) for safe driving! It was raining, i took off the cruise, i have a lead foot, realized i was going 90 at the same time the cop relaied i was going 90. He pulled me over, clocked me at 86, asked where i was going. I said: "back to college" he said where is your ownership papers? I said "i don;t know. let me look" I produced insurance papers. He asked if i had proof of ownership-- i said "uhh... i have an owners manuel?" He laughed, told me he would mark the ticket down as 85 so it wouldn;t go on my insurance, and i would get a 20 $ ticket.
12:00-started looking for a park--spent 1/2 hr loooking found nothing
1:00pm-- stopped on the side of the road at a campsite-- ate a muffin went for a 5 min walk.
1:30--stopped again
5:00pm--stopped for supper at perkins (got lost coming off the interstate--this took 45 min)
5:45--Got back on the road--heading towards a large black cloud
6:45--snow started
7:30--hit sheridan--still snowing--got gas, contiinued
8:00--took us 20 min to go 5 miles--turned and went back to sheridan (we were supposed to be in Rapid City at 8:00)
Stayed in a motel
Sunday:
8:00am-left hotel
made really good time
stopped only twice
4:00pm-- creep trucker tries to "communicate" something with us, but we don;t know what--we speed up, he speeds up, he slows down, we speed up, he speeds up, he slows down, we speed way up and leave him in our dusty tracks
5:00pm-- made it to sioux Falls (an hr. from my house) just in time for my church (that i only usally go to in the summer) we had good worship, food and fellowship. It was about spiritual warfare--too bad it was the end of the series.
7:30pm--left sioux falls
8:30-- dropped my firend off, went home, had a party with my family--all extras included--shared pictures, cards, and stories. Talked with my bro until quite late
12:21--writting this blog which is draggin on.
Well, if you made it all the way to the end, you can see that our trip was pretty good, mildy unedventful, but enough to keep us on our toes. I hope you all had a good weekend! I hope to hear from you soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Rachel!!

    Can't wait to see you and chat about student teaching and all that happened in Langley.
    Email me sometime - I still have my Dordt email.

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger mike kramer said...

    that rapid city. its bad luck. i got stuck there once because of snow too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home