In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, October 02, 2006

fullfillment

WOW! I went to hear an amazing speaker last night, it was good, followed by good convestaion and company. I like to have such good company, keeps the world turning.
I signed in church on sunday morning, it is harder when the songs are not familar, but God uses the gifts he gives to grow, challenge, and aid in worship. It felt good to be part of a worship service. I wish so much that everyone could be a part of that.

On other news, School was amazing today (despite the fact that i didn't get much sleep last night). I am full time teaching, so the classroom is finally mine!:) But i loved every moment of it. (well the parts when they were listening or learning). I let them go on a "matter hunt" they don't know what matter is, they dont know what solids, liquids, or gases are. but they tried thier best, i created a safe learning envioment (emotionaly) and they constructed thier own understanding. I feel like i was a companted teacher for 50 minutes today. But then i felt like i was just teaching them stuff the rest of the day. i wish that everything i taught i could be as exited abotu as i was this unit. I rearanged the classoom and put up a new bullitan board. my studetns like it i think. One girl told me she liked haveing me as a teacher. I hope i am making an impact. it is those few moments when you know you are, thie eyes light up adn the hours of planning are suddenly worth it. I felt fullfilled today.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:22 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    That's awesome....good teacher feelings make everything else worth it. The leaves are falling like crazy here....and it was 90 degrees yesterday. Hooray, global warming.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home