In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Extreme weekend!

Ok, so this has been the craziest, funnest, most advetrous weekend i have had in a long time. I went camping with my cousins and aunt and uncle, it was a party and a 1/2. The fist thing tough was that we had to try like 5 differnet camp sites befoe finally finding one! I promise pictures will come soon, but i have yet to figure out technology as can be seen by my poor map picutre below.
So we took a gondola up mnt. Wistler. and then we took some thing to the top and then we hiked up and down and all around and it was cool. (that is few words to descibe a lot). Then afte the hiking everywhere my bum was sore, btu this could have moe to do with sliding down snow/ice on my bum with my cousin alica. WE also had a snow ball fight and ate lunch by a "lake" and snow.
Again I was surprise how quite it can be on top of a mnt. ANwaz, we swam in a lake or sevela differnt lakes and that was an adventure of its own accoord. after the mnt hike we went to a lake to "wash up" for dinner at a mongolie grill.... which is like a Hu Hut, but you pay pe 100 grams and it was really really good. Everyone but my cousin David really liked it (he put 10xs to much barbaque sauce on his).
ON sunday we explored the falls we were staying at and my cousin Matthew took a air mattress down the river. i thought this was crazy, so devised a rescue plan involving a blanket and assorted other members of the family. Then he nearlly drowned going down the rapids and on a wild chase and all the family and a sopping wet blanket we saved him! ....
...well that is what would have happened if he wouldn't ahve planned well and ended up down the rapids and to the calmer part of the river where we had been "swimmming" in. So the story looses a little bit of flair when the truth comes out, but it was a fun day. THe water was sooo cold! I could hardly belive it! ANwyaz, we played games and took a small hike to the falls, it was beautiful too! Anwayz, we spent monday on a differnt lake and ate and then came home, ahh.. to sleep perchance to dream!
My students came today and it was fun! Only a 1/2 day so nothing to exciting, but a good time to get to know them. tommorow, testing begins!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

    It's a type of Sanskrit theatre about 300 years old and very gestural.

    :-)

     
  • At 8:25 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Sarah must be talking about her new fish....

    Anyway, Gidge M was asking about you the other day, since apparently I am an authority on your life. Sadly, I only know what you post! Having fun teaching?

     
  • At 11:53 PM , Blogger Matt said...

    ps. http://windowintomatt.blogspot.com/

    (check the link)

     
  • At 12:25 AM , Blogger Matt said...

    Hey look at you... fixin up your blog yourself and all! The weekend was good for the most part... mostly like life in general; it had its good times and its bad. The picture on my xanga though: you reconize the scenery? Think "crazy river rescue"! Yah... you were there... Hows school?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home