In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Good-Bye BC... Hello Iowa....

A quick update on what is going on....

Last weekend I ate with a friend at a really yummy cute little resurante in down town Vancover. The story:
The Plan: to go to Scinence world to see the human body ehibit.
The wrench: the exhibit was sold out when we got there... it was confusing... the washroom was stupid.
The other problem: Neither me nor my friend is from the area (i have lived here 5 weeks, he has lived here almost a year)
The solution: Get into the car (we drove 1/2 to vancover) and drive up the road until we run into a resurant. The only catch, we don't know where to do. But we just kept driving until we hit the longest road in vancover, and it was good becuase there were lots of resurants.
The Resurant:
it was called Joeys, it was very young, modern, and hip. I liked it. We decided that the walls were short, giving it more of a community orriented feeling, the food was good, a little on the pricey side, but good. Modern is the best way to descirbe it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I finished school on Wed, it was sad, but good. My staff threw me an open house with icecream cake. I felt affimed by them. It was good. I got good feedback from my teacher and my principal, it made me feel like i really can be a competent teacher. My studnets gave me lots of hugs and good-byes, they wanted to come in my suitcase (after pakcing i realized how hard of a chore this would be) :) Tonight, some friends are coming to hangout one last time. Tommorow i leave for Iowa. Mixed feelings here, pray for saftey. I will post again, when i arrive! Until then, Blessings!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    I'm looking forward to seeing you! Enjoy your last night in BC!

     
  • At 9:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I can't wait to see you! Enjoy your last night over there in Canada, and say hi to my home and native land! Safe travels, and Iowa will be fun too. (you'll get to see me!)

     
  • At 10:19 AM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    I'm glad you had fun at the restaurant:)

     
  • At 12:00 PM , Blogger Josh said...

    Hey Rach! Hope your travels go well - i'm excited to see ya! see ya soon!

     
  • At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Rachel!! Sorry I haven't gotten in touch with you about the 23rd. If you have time, stop on by!! It would be good to catch up for a little bit. I'll be gone in the later afternoon and evening, so if you don't happen to have time to meet up with me, I shall be sad, but if you could leave the ABC Signing book just at my door, that'd be great. (or with somebody else that I'll see, if you don't have time to stop by). Thanks, and I hope to see you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home