In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

What a weekend!

SO this is probally the most crazy weekend i could have ever imagained! Seriously! I thought to myself on thursday, i have the whole weekend to rest up for the start of my second session of studnet teaching (on monday) (in Ireton at West sioux). BUt little did i know the surprises friday night held.
On thursday i discovered a good friend of mine visiting from washington. Over the course of the next day i went to the play and caught up with some friends. It was weird to see the play simply as an audiance member and not as a person who did the makeup. Boy i have learned alto about theater considering i have never taken a class. I missed it.
Then outside of the theater was one of my closets friends from Dordt! I thought i would never see her again after May and she had come (with another friend) to visit for the weekend all the way from Tronoto (first from quebece, then toronto) I was so surprised! Then another long lost friend from college showed up! WHat a crazy time! We spent the rest of hte night hanging out togehter laughing, sharing about our current lives, cuddling, and learning that come January we are all going to be homeless. I am thinking abotu starting a homeless club.
The steps for the club:
Find a cardboard box

find a blanket
find wood and matches
Bring a cardboard box to a city nearest you
place cardboard box in sheltered area
place wood and blanket inside box
move in
start a fire, but becareful not to catch the box on fire.

It seems like a good idea, laura had boxes from the paper store and brian has boxes from the shoe store if you would need any.

ANwyaz, what a wonderful way to spend a weekend getting caught up and seeing familarity all around! Hope your weekend was a refreshing as mine!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger Matt said...

    I went sailing today and it pretty much rocked my face right off! It was amazing... like 10 kicks in the pants combined! The weather was amazing and me the newby did great. More to come...

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Hi Rachel!
    I was a bit jealous when I heard that you and Ann and Laura were all in S.C. and I am here. But here is good, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home