In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Change can be a Beautiful thing!

I think I have found another activity I may really enjoy, dare i say love?
I tried to go skiing again, and i have to admit that when i set out to go skiing i was a little nervous, but I loved it!
I am very blessed to have a parent of one of my students who was a ski instructor and loves skiing very very much! He offered to teach me and started on our ski day (see post from two times ago), but we ran out of time and there were lots of other people who needed to learn to ski, so i ended the lesson early. But he and his wife called me up and invited me to go skiing with their family last weekend.
Anwayz, i only fell three times and only at the end of the day! I went down the run 8 times! which was something else compared to my previous 3 runs (and three falls):)
It seems to me that skiing is a lot like dance, there is a feeling of how to catch your body, the laws of physics and gravity play into and there is such beauty in the movement. As i learned how to turn from one side to another i started to feel the snow underneath my skis and catching the movement of my skis over the snow and down the curves of the mountian.
While watching other skiers, i see so much beauty in how they move and how they get down the mountian. I suppose there is something to be said for the thrill of the sport, but i am not a thrill seeker so i found differnt types of value with the sport. It seems so graceful and what other time can you be in the sun in the winter and up on top of creation being surrounded by all of God's creation.
I have come to a deeper and deeper apperciation for creation scince moving here, i love being outside! I think next summer i may be a ranger... (at the park) But we will see.
Anyhow, that is the most exciting thing in the last two weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home