In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Breathe of Fresh Air!

So I arrived from Portland this past sunday at one am and started teaching promptly the next morning. The last few days have been a little.... crazy... that might not even be the right word. But it was totally worth the 5 days in portland.
First, i got to take public tranist and i really like that for some wierd reason! And i got to go to cafes and sip dark warmth and eat healthy organic food prepared by people with lots of cool clothes. I got to layer my skirts and tops in exciting ways and not be looked at like i lost my head! I got to enjoy sun beating on my skin and the biggest breathe of fresh air was seeing Charity and Carlee for an entire day!
Cheers to my mates! We reminsed of our time aboard (?) at drank the darkest coffee, and enjoyed walking 5 miles around the city of portland, that is how one can stay a resonable weight while eating oinon rings, rice paper tofu wraps, and spinich artichoke dip and drinking chai and coffee and eating decedent chocolates!
We also went to a conferance on teaching, that was good too.
But i was amazing how much i missed livingi n the city! I think this summer i am moving to chicago to ride public transit and live downtown and watiress. My mum is all for this idea!:) I love that i have such a suportive mum!
Deep Breaths!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Portland, OR?? Oooh! So close to meeeee! How's the one-room school and schoolmarm holding up?

     
  • At 1:37 PM , Blogger Kunnari said...

    public transit!! i was in chicago last weekend. favorite part: the trains... i love it. as soon as katy and i were on the subway i said that this was my favorite part of any large city and she looked at me like i was crazy or something, but you understand it! huzzah, i knew there was a reason we were friends.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home