In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Story time!!!

Alright, so many of you suspected that i might have some good stories coming out of my recent move to conrad, MT. and i have many....

first, i am renting a house that was built by the grandfather of parents of two of my students (remember i only have 5). Strange... stranger yet they stopped by the see the house the day i moved in....

second, i am in the grocery store... i am looking for cheese. a 16 year old worker starts up a converstaion about cheese.... he proceded to rank the cheeses for me, which brand was the best for the cheapest amount and so on. in case you are intrested in the cheese ranking in montanna it goes tillamook, kraft, something wiht a house on the front, and last the IGA brand. i bouthg the one with the house on the front.

Also in the grocery store i ran into the lady who i bought my mattress from and she told me my principle had come looking for me at the mattress store and wondered if she had found me alright. odd, mostly because i had agreeed to meet her at her husbands insurance agency across the street from the furniture store!
I have a wonderful picture of something i foudn in the grocery store, but i have to get some stuff organized before i post it.

on thursday the mum of one of my studnets wanted to have lunch with me and my mum. we went to a pizza joint, yes folks there are two pizza places in conrad. I will have to post pictures. (not of the lunch, but the town)

Last but not least I have an excellent story. At church (i went with the mum of my one 6th grader), they first introduced me to a guy(25?) whose name is Lock. funny? yes. it gets better. He proceds to tell me how is brother, Lake, quit school becuase he got a job and started buying guns!

Do not let me give you a false impression of conrad, it is a nice community and there are no people in this down in my age range. (expect for lock who lives a couple towns away and only comes to church once the singing is over, just in time for the sermon). BUt all in all it seems good. I am extreemly overwhelmed by the start of school, but the town keeps me laughing. i might forget how to be social.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:30 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

    :) I think one of my favorite parts is the fact that Lock only comes after the singing in time for the sermon! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, my friend!

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Rachel, I too am terrified for the first day of school. Vander Plaats gave us this great handout in class for what to do, and I can't find it ANYWHERE! Happy settling in. Call me anytime!

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

    I like your town. And I've never even been there. Post pictures like crazy, OK? Hope you are having lots of fun!

     
  • At 4:52 PM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    welcome to a small town. i miss you and am thinking about you daily. ps. wellandport update: the guy who painted his living room pink when he got a girlfriend has now proceeded to put new siding on his house....love, ann.

     
  • At 4:10 PM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    ahem. I have an envelope that already ahs a stamp on it and a card inside. i just need your address. love ya!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home