In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Prayers please

This time i write in a simple request relating to my past post. I would apperciate prayers for some desicions that are coming my way. In realting to true faith, how does one know what GOd is speaking directly to ones heart? I feel a bit like Jonah right now. i think GOd is calling me to a place i do not want to go.... to a one room schoolhouse in mt. I am not sure that i want to teach 5 studnets all year, grades 5, 6, 7 and make only 16,000$ and live in a town of 2500. its not even that i am not sure, its that i know i don't want to. But i feel that GOd is calling me there, but what exactly does one feel when GOd wants one somewhere?
I have faith God will provide, but do i need more faith if i want him to provide somewhere else, or is it faith to leap and go where i do not want to go, but believe he wants me to go. What if i am wrong? there is no act of reasoning here at all, to any one who knows me this should come as a bit of a surprise that i am even at all concered with reason-- that is usally far from my free-spirited heart. BUt now reason and freedom seem to be conflicting in my mind. Maybe it is not even reason and freedom, but reason and faith.
advice apperciated, prayers appercirted more!:)
Blessings!:)

2 Comments:

  • At 6:43 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    I'm back from MT. We should get together b/c I want to hear more about your opportunities!

     
  • At 10:28 AM , Blogger Hannah said...

    Oh, Rachel!
    Yes, I will pray for that decision. Hope to see you when I'm in Sioux Center (July 8-15), we'll have to stop by IH.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home