In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Funny stories!

So I only have four weeks left in Denver, three weeks of school, one week of clean and pack. What a crazy time! I still have no job, but i have had an intresting series of events over the last couple of weeks.
Two sundays ago, i was in the park, drawing. When a random girl came up to me and started asking me if she could sit by me and talk. So i agreed, after about 20 min she had told me her whole life story and all of her struggles from the last week. Maybe i am a hypocrite and maybe i am un-compasionite, but it was hard for me to want to sit there and listen, when she seemed to want a listening ear, but expected me to respond as well.
During the course of our converstaion as well as previously i had watch a man walk around the lake 5 times, so on the 5th time i waved. He had a cool camera, so i made a mental note if i saw him again to ask about it. Conviently he sat down ten feet from me. i found out later he was thinking abotu coming over, but he thought that the random girl and i were good friends and he didn;t want to interupt. Awnayz, after the girl left, i went over to the guy and talked with him for a while. I asked about the camera and he asked if i wanted to go for a walk... what hte heck, we are in a park... so i agreed. an hour later at the end of the walk, he asked if he could call me, again, why not. so i gave him my number, we went for dinner on monday night to a GREAT vegitarian resurtant and made plans to go paddle boating in the park if the weather is nice this sunday.
Same day another random guy at the singles church asked me if i wanted to meet for cofee, why not. So i gave him my number, we went for cofee on tuesday afternoon and left it with that. I feel comfortable with only seeing him at church.
I was wondering what is happening with this sudden flood, but as my mentor teacher put it "go out and have fun, you only have a few weeks left" point well taken. I will have fun! and it is sunny, so now i am off for a walk. i wore bright orange shoes today and my studnets loved it!;) hahaha! i miss hearing good stories... if you have one... let me know....

2 Comments:

  • At 8:21 PM , Blogger ann.renee. said...

    RACHEL! I DIDN'T RECIEVE YOUR BLOG UNTIL TODAY. THIS IS WORTHY OF A PHOE DATE....OR A REAL CONVERSATION, SINCE i'LL BE AT YOUR PLACE NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:25 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    How about this one--at graduation yesterday, one of the student's names got missed, and we passed her diploma down the row after she was skipped. At the end of the graduates, she went up and handed her diploma back to John Kok and asked him to actually read her name. And he apologized profusely and Zylstra gave her a hug. Good story, eh?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home