In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Friday, May 25, 2007

School's Out for the Summer..

Today was the last day of school, i will go back on tuesday to clean out my classroom. and probally a little this weekend! Anwayz, i had mixed feelings as we said good bye to my 8th graders and my 7th graders awkwardly said good bye to me. I felt sad. My mentor teacher asked me if i regreted coming to this school for 5 months. I said no. It was God's timing at excatly the right time for me and for the school. What i learned here is irriplacable. My experaince was wonderful and it left me with a deeper passion for teaching. The only thing i regret is that i am unable to get a job for some reason. I don't understand i am doing everything "right". I send cover letters and resumes, i do follow up contact with schools, i fill out countless applicaitons. I have no idea what i am supposed to be doing. I be-grudling fill out applications for schools and jobs i do not even want, but nothing comes of it.
My heart is with this school, i am sad to leave. As i reflected over the last couple of months i realized how much i had grown as a teacher and as a person. I learned to make friends in new places, i learned how to manage a classroom and the importance of routine. i learned how to work with my co-workers and i learned how to be organzied. I struggled through the tears, the parents, the studnets who won't turn in work. but i rejoiced in the letters of thanks, the pictures colored with love, and the paintings that i recived. I rejioced in teaching something i am passionate about and being told that i helped a child 'love art!' It was worth five months just for that. God has a plan. I am confidant in his ability to get me where i need to be, so I will press on, leaving my life in his hands. Soli Deo Gloria-- To God Alone be the GLory!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Praying for you and the job situation. Safe travels and see you soon!

     
  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Josh said...

    amen, rachel! it's such a beautiful thing when you can help a child discover a love they didn't have before. that's awesome. hey - when are you in town again? we should grab some coffee. lemme know!

     
  • At 6:46 AM , Blogger Kunnari said...

    any news on the job front? or life? or ....

     
  • At 6:55 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    So--I was stuck in Denver two nights ago. Ahh, sleeping on the airport floor. I would have called, but it wouldn't have been worth it for how early we had to be back at the airport. But I waved to you anyway.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home