In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, October 29, 2007

random thoughts from montanna

So school picture day came and went, and i really am not sure what happened. It has been a while scince i have updated so i thought i would sent a shout out. Nothing much has really been going on... i applogize for a boring post.

This month has been crazy! We are trying to do Operation Christmas child, we are making blankets for a pregnacy center, we are talking about drugs and being drug free, we are trying to get through regular curriculum, and some of my studnets are missing which means i have half the class and being gone cause a lot of work for me to get them caught up.

At any rate, i am taking my students to the art muesum, Lord willing, and so that will be an adventure. I had a coule of people hwo homesholl their children enroll them in art, becuase i was actually teaching art instead of just crafts. It made me feel useful. I want to teach art i think, even though i LOVE my studnets and my job here. Oh yeah, report cards go out this week! crazyness has begun!

This last weekend i hung out with a couple of friends of mine who work in the air force, and it was intresting. we went on base, and i was surprised at all of the little details and rules that hte military has. I mean i guess i understand, but it is kind awierd becuase i felt a little bit like the base was like a little extra commuinty inside a bigger one. I guess i shouldn't blog about too much of this, i am not srue what is waht. But i found it fasinating. Typically i am anti-militiary, but i learned alot making it seem a little bit more... i am not sure.... differnet then i thought.

BUt schol is going well, we had some dress up days for drug free week, here are some pictures:

sports day
my fellow teacher in portland with leftovers
my studnets artwork.. pretty good for a 6th grader!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home