In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I am Here!

Hello all,
i have arrived in Denver. What an experiance. I was stuck in Lincoln NE for a couple of days becuase of weather. i kept puitting off the trip becuase of weather, but then weather finally was looking clear, but they said the highways were a mess, but i said i had to go, so i did. I was off, and low and behold the roads were clear (ish). I had no troubels. in fact i drove through mid nebreaska and saw the most beautiful thing. There were tons of icicles all over the place on in the trees and grass and everything in between. It was beautiful, even thought there was nothing on the road!But that meant that i got to spend a blessed few days with dear friends, amazing how that can make you feel and make you prepared for new steps.

When i got to Denver, i had been warned that i would need a snow shovel, i thought they were joking, but really they do not plow the roads here! I am going to have to take picitures, they really don't plow the roads. Anwayz, that makes for crazy driving!

As this new year starts i am awstruck by God's amazing grace and faithfulness. I have come to this school, where i am about to start a brand new job and i am livng in a large city where i know only a couple of people and i have to go about finding my way around, find a church, and begin to get a community here. This is a daunting task. But this school seems like it will be amazing. I have started to prepare for my students and prepare my room. i love the fact that i am going to be a realy live art teacher. It scares me, but also makes me soo excited that i might be able to try my wings. I hope that i can do this. I am scared silly, but i am also so excited. The principals wife just came into my classroom and prayed for me and over me and the studnets and it was so amazing. It was what was on my mind and heart. I know God has got me here for a reason and i am looking forward to learning what he is going to be teaching me. I hope that as this new year begins you all are off to a good start.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Good luck in the next few days! I'm thinking of you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home