In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Extrordinary adventures..

So I begin writting as i am surounded by stacks of sketchbooks and i have heaps of planning to do and ironicly i am going to a Denver nuggets basketball game after school today! What a crazy time. But this weekend was even crazier!
I think i might have a chance at having some friends in denver. I headed to Bible study on Sat. night. This was all good i was with Catherine and we thought we knew where we were going. but we got lots, so in an effort to turn around i crossed two and half lanes of traffic (to turn left and make a U turn). But a cop pulled me over as soon as i had turned around, asked me if i was in a hurry. I told him i was trying to go to bible study, but was lost, so he gave me a warning and directions, good thing too, becuase i have an iowa license.
Then the next day i wander into what i thought was going to be a white presbeterian church in a town near by. But lo and behold it was really a black, southren baptist church! that was so strange, i was definitaly the minority and that was wierd. But the music was amazing and the preaching was on fire (what do you expect). So good good, then i went to another church recommended to me by the former art teacher and it was awsoem! it was kinda like gift, expet smaller and mostly single people between the ages of 25-30. this was good, but i felt young there, i might have been one of the youngest people there. But it was fun and i met a few people, i hope to meet a greater amount of people next week and maybe find some people i can really connect with. But i will still take any takers who want to move to Denver! I fear i might be roomateless if i stay here another year.
Anwayz, that was the crazy weekend, i contiune to wear out my voice daily with my seventh graders, i try to get excited about stuff with them and that makes my voice tired. I am praying for health and hoping for a relaxing four day weekend. I wanted to go home, but to expenseive! bummer!
i hope you all are doing well!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Four day weekend? for president's day? I suppose you have all kinds of skiers out there. LC has school on P-day because of all their crazy snow days last semester. How is teaching? Student teaching has not killed me yet, but this is my full-time week. We shall see.

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

    I'm glad you are finding churches that you like! It's definitely a blessing.

    Thanks for the tips on eating. I did my research beforehand, so I've been doing a lot of what you told me. :-)

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    Your background is different!

     
  • At 7:16 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

    I love the new format! Have a great weekend :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home