In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The little joys...

There are just somethings that make my day. These are things like when my students come in and show me something that they made in science, and just want me to see it. Or when they show me sketches they have made, searching for approval and affermation. Or when they draw me a picture of our art classroom and what they do when they are in there. Or when studnets have family visiting from other towns and bring them in, just to say hi to me, and show them thier art work. I love being an art teacher.
Other things that bring joy are projects that turn out beautifuly and i did nothing but provide oppurtunity. like 8th grade snow sculptures:

Apple Pie
The Cross
CheeriesSnowman tries to escape

Arn't they great!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    You're such a teacher and I love it. You inspire me, my friend. Have you had to shovel yet?

     
  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    Dearest Rachel...thanks for those stories...you have so much passion for what you do...I don't wonder why the kids love you so much!!!

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Matt said...

    I love it! The last one is my favorite, so Calvin-and-Hobbesque!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home