In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Monday, August 04, 2008

A list:

Ok, I have been blog surfing which means nothing really, but i have noticed alot of lists, so i also want to make a list: this list has no particular order: i plan to use lots of colons:

1. i spent 10 days in a car... with my family... day one: LOVE day two: LOVE day three: LOVE day four: toleration, day five: toleration---- day 9: AHHHH!!!! day 10: so glad to be home we all went to our seperate rooms. I guess family vacations with 4 adults just arn't what they used to be, eh?
2. got caught up with extended family: i plan to stay in better touch with them
3. visited with my college roomates, i love them soooo much! I miss them greatly as well
4. learned how much i know alot of people but the depth of how much i know them is little: this bothers me a bit
5. took a class in differneciaton
6. worked at camp: this was fun: this was awkward: this was a time that i loved, always have: always will: i love that place and those people: i am old.
7. celebrated my 24th birthday at the Jersey shore with my extended family: a first time for all of those things.
8. realized school starts in three weeks: on that note: a sub list
a. i have to pack and leave for MT on Thursday
b. i have nothing planned for next year: what did i do all summer?
c. my mum and i are taking a class tuesday and wednesday: i am excited: so is she
d. i got a frantic e-mail from the other teacher: i forgot about school: i tried to calm her down
e. it was a good feeling that i was not freaking out
f. i am (dare i say) actually ready to go back to MT.
9. i realized i am a city girl through and through and i need to live in the city next year
10. still looking into India: we will see
11. realzied i never got around to all the stuff i wanted to do this summer
12. took pictures of buterflies: the butterfly house in sioux falls is open to photographers the first sat and Mon of every month at 8:30 (an hr before they open)
13. ate at a really cute health food cafe in downtown sioux falls: 50% of the menu items were vegan!:)
14.realized again i want to go abroad: NOW!
15. learned i need to spend more time with God: i miss Him.
16. i realized many times this summer that all people have a story to share and everybody, everybody wants to share theirs: this made me think that i need to listen more: care more: and be more selfless
17. I used 35 colons in this post:never mind thier proper use: i used them!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:56 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

    I love your list.
    I love you.
    So: thanks for the encouraging comments. I: miss: you!

     
  • At 3:14 AM , Blogger the Albino Bowler said...

    Hey Rachel I see that you have found the kangaroo rodeo and I'm pleased that you've been chiming in. In answer to your question, I am currently in New Orleans and will be in Australia in a few weeks. Check out the post "On Pillaging" at the kangaroo rodeo. It will get you caught up. For this experiment, feedback and interaction with curious and insightful writers is crucial. I'm creating a traveler's tale in a virtual environment about subject matter that is completely new for me. I just posted some incredible live footage and I'm about to pick up where I left off with Chef Scary. Tell me, what was your favorite thing about the CULTURE in Australia? I hope and expect to hear from you again very soon...
    M-

     
  • At 12:56 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

    That is a very nice list and I approve of your creative use of colons. I don't remember the rules anyways because we haven't gotten there in grammar yet, and why should I be beyond a 4th grader's grasp of grammar? Have a safe trip back to Montana and a great start to your school year!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home