In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

questions.

Blek! I feel sick right now, but am making an effort to ignore all of Lilian (my parasites) cousins and feel better by tommorow for school. i hate feeling sick without knowing why.
in other news it is so beautiful outside today! It reached 77 degrees F. downtown today! Iwas so excited, i left school and had a smoothy downtown (in denver downtown is my substitute of the beach, in sioux center there are so few people my backyard is sufficant). I wore a tub-top, and i got tanned! It was soo good, but then came home felt sick, took a nap, went for a walk felt sicker, ate toast, felt sicker did some of my mums wedding pictures, felt better, felt sicker, prayed, and am writting.
Something more profound...
i wander around downtown and i wonder why there are so many homeless people. They say we are not supposed to pan-handle, but then what really is the soloution? Why is it htat people have to hurt like that and not have community around them and not have jobs, family, even a place to live that they can call thier own. Why do we allow people ot live like that and what the hell are we supposed to do about it!? Why are people dying of cancer? Why do children get teased mercilly at school and how much impact can a teacher have, studnets make thier own choices. Why don't schools just tell you when you are going to be fired or hired, why don't i know where i will be working in August. why does it seem that weather can make all the difference in a day? Why is it hard to feel organized as a teacher, why to i feel so young and un-professional? Why is moving to new places so wierd and different every place you move? Why do we buy into comsumerism? why do people think they need to have so many things? why is worth based on possesion?

so many questions...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

    I start at West Sioux on Thursday--I'm nervous! I appreciate your prayers. They're coming your way, too. I miss you and I haven't gotten farther on our book yet...

     
  • At 5:23 AM , Blogger Nikki said...

    Wow, my Rachel friend, those are many questions. I don't have the answers to most of them, unfortunately... yet when those kinds of things happen, I know that my best response is to begin with prayer and then to ask what I can do to change the situation. If I can, I'll do my best. If not, then my prayers and support as a Christian sister will still make a difference...
    I smiled thinking of you in downtown Denver wearing a tube top and drinking a smoothy. Hope you feel better!

     
  • At 8:07 PM , Blogger ann.renee. said...

    Drat. I was home all night last night, Rachel!! I don't understand.
    Thanks for the phone call:) I owuld love to talk about those questions that you posed in your blog. I could talk about it forver and a day.
    And here is a smile about you-know-what: :) :) :)

     
  • At 8:45 AM , Blogger Kunnari said...

    did you talk with any of the homeless folk?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home