In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally Settling? NAH!!!

All the desks in my room, which are not staying!:)

THe ugly painted wall!
This week I moved into my new apartment in North Liberty, and for anyone who wants to know, i live in a used car lot! Which is an adventure all its own. 
There have been a few crazy things, for starters i have all of my stuff and all of Josh's stuff in my tiny one bedroom apt and it is taking up a lot of space.  Especially the double bed in the kitchen. :)
Well, with all (or well, most) of the stuff un-packed and put away, I started work in my classroom. That proved to be intresting, i am thinking about posting picutres of this classroom.  The walls are soo ugly, they are a burnt orange color with a little bit of coral mixed in and tehy have been sponge painted that way, on purpose! YIKES! 
I started un-packing, but i am just not sure where i should put everything and now i am realzing that i will be having three tables for my 6 kids instead of 6 desks! This will be intresting, I think it could make for a realy cool teaching enviroment, but i am not totally sure how to pull off my vision!
Ok, So that is the school building.  I reallapperciate my administator and I am  living next door to another teacher (in the car lot) and so that has been fun.  The teachers I work with made me feel so welcome right away! What a blessing, we have already been hanging out and enjoying getting to know each other.  It could be a fun year! 
As far as being settled, well don't count on it.  i have been here a week and I am leaving to go to Vancover tommorow, but first stop my mums house then follow that up with a wedding and festivities and then i will be heading back to Norht Libetryt, after Josh moves there on AUg 3.  So i think i will be starting to be settled for the time being on the 7th of AUg.  It seems as though this summer has just flown by and I can hardly even believe how quickly it went by.  But I have definitially enjoyed most moments of it. 


1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home