In thinking about.....

I'm just a girl, searching for where God wants me next, but living constanly in the present, reflecting on the past enough to see hope for the future.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Delectable Day

What a delectable day! Do you ever think about tasting the days? Well I really don’t either, but delectable seemed like the only word that could describe today.

I had a plan. Don’t do homework all day, what you really need is a break, a Sabbath from the week already. With a crazy couple of days and a busy weekend, a Sabbath was what I needed. So I thought. I will make sure all of my homework is done for Thursday and so I can fully rest on wed. So I started after class. I come home enjoyed lunch with my roommates and had planned to hang out with them. But alas they had meetings all afternoon, so I though Sioux city? But it turns out that other people have stuff to do today plus that cost money I don’t have. So then I decided to watch a little TV, but soon got bored, so low and behold I took out the bible and my journal and spent a good portion of the afternoon journaling, what a good feeling. Its good to spend time me and God.

It was a beautiful day outside today. The kind of day where you want to go out and smell the air. I heard a flock of geese flying overhead this morning making me think spring is well on its way.

So with a flock of geese overhead I prepared myself to sit and sketch in my make-shift window seat, where I am practically sitting outside of my fourth floor window and I can enjoy the sun and the breeze without the wind blowing papers everywhere. This is where the funny irony comes in.

Yesterday was a horribly stressful day in the print making room: no inspiration, no paper, and no idea what I am doing. So I began to sketch and before I knew it I had inspiration for the perfect plate. So I finished my printmaking that I had not planned on doing at all today and I feel rested. The funny thing about art is that when I am busy I can’t think about it, so to take a breather really helped me to plan my art and get what I really needed to done. What a delectable day. Perhaps I will read a book for fun and go to P&W. I love spring and delectable days.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM , Blogger Kunnari said...

    delectable- you don't say...

     
  • At 12:32 PM , Blogger ann renee. said...

    hi, rachel dear...
    I'm looking at you winking at me right now from the frame you gave me. I feel like I own a Rachel Shrine: when my screen-saver is on, the 254 pictures you took of us continually roll. I'll just blame it on Rachel-Deprivation from last semester....=)

     
  • At 2:20 PM , Blogger mike kramer said...

    this is a comment about what you said on my blog. water can't be eaten. ice can. steam cannot. although i have it listed at times as something i have eaten, you can assume i took it in ice form.

    -mike

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home